Digital version with
Print and download capabilities are not available. View, annotate and share with the Newzik app. Requires a Newzik account (free)
Digital sheet music
Digital versions purchased on our website will be available within 24 hours in the Newzik application.
PDF download and print capabilities are not available.
1. If you don't have a Newzik account yet (free), you can download the application here or register via their web interface.
2. Create a Newzik account (without using Apple or Facebook login) with the same address you used to place your order.
3. If you already have a Newzik account and the email address is different from the one used to place your order, please send us with the Newzik address.
4. Orders for digital products are usually available within 24 hours in your Newzik library from Monday to Friday (GMT +2). Orders placed on weekends or holidays will be available the next working day.
5. View this product with the Newzik app for iOS or their Web interface to view, annotate and share the score. Print capabilities from Newzik are not available.
Joseph Turrin (*1947)
Joseph Turrin’s multifaceted career encompasses an amazingly wide range of musical talents. As composer, he has been recognized with major commissions and performances from the New York Philharmonic, Gewandhausorchester in Leipzig, Orpheus Chamber Orchestra, St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy Orchestra, Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, Baltimore Symphony, New Jersey Symphony, New Orleans...
About Four Miniatures
A collection of short movements all very distinct yet tied together in various ways.
The first movement Fanfare mixes the elements of a trumpet fanfare with a more lyrical quality. Haunting echo’s and short repeated musical phrases are interspersed throughout. Intermezzo is a waltz with running eighth notes in the piano over which the trumpet sings a long sensual melody. Canto is rather free in form with much dialogue between both instruments. There’s a lofty transparent quality in this movement that reminds me of the Chopin Nocturnes for piano. Tarantella is a quick six-eight romp that passes ideas between the two players and brings the suite to a joyful conclusion.
- trumpet (flugelhorn) and piano
- Editions Bim
- I. Fanfare