Digital version with
View, annotate and share with the Newzik app. Print and download capabilities are not available. Requires a Newzik account (free)
Digital sheet music
Digital versions purchased on our website will be available within 24 hours in the Newzik application.
PDF download and print capabilities are not available.
1. If you don't have a Newzik account yet (free), you can download the application here or register via their web interface.
2. Create a Newzik account (without using Apple or Facebook login) with the same address you used to place your order.
3. If you already have a Newzik account and the email address is different from the one used to place your order, please send us with the Newzik address.
4. Orders for digital products are usually available within 24 hours in your Newzik library from Monday to Friday (GMT +2). Orders placed on weekends or holidays will be available the next working day.
5. View this product with the Newzik app for iOS or their Web interface to view, annotate and share the score. Print capabilities from Newzik are not available.
Francisco Loreto (*1974)
Francisco Loreto was born in Ponta do Sol, on Madeira Island in Portugal. Since 1998, he teaches analysis, composition techniques, acoustics and clarinet at the Conservatory of Music – Madeira School of the Arts and helds concurrently the principal clarinet position of the Madeira Classical Orchestra. He graduated during the same year from the Lisbon College of Music and the Universidade Nova de...
The title of this piece can be viewed from two perspectives. On the one hand, it is a sort of play on words on the term sonata, in that the formal structure of this piece follows the same line in the 3 movements (fast – slow – fast) characteristic of the sonata form.
On the other hand, SoNotas, in my interpretation, means that a musical piece is an expression of the human experience around the physical object called sound. In the Portuguese language, separating the word SoNotas leaves us with the expression «só notas», only notes, notes alone.
Let us not speak of technical questions and details and instead concentrate on the «sonic matter», in this case as produced by the tuba and the piano, which we know as music.
- Editions Bim
July 20, 2023 | 4th International Lieksa Brass Week Tuba Competition | Lieksa, Finland. Competitors of the competition.