Concerto for Brass Band
for brass band
1. The Sound Barrier 1. The Sound Barrier
2. Hallucinations 2. Hallucinations
3. Cosmic Levitation 3. Cosmic Levitation
4. Nightmare and Choral 4. Nightmare and Choral
Ships from & sold by Editions Bim & The Brass Press
The four movements (15 minutes 30’’) and their subtitles bear witness of the vivid imagination and the exceptional talent of the young Hungarian composer.
This work, conceived in a masterful style of contemporary jazz, is a new musical and technical challenge for the world of Brass Bands. Thanks to this challenging spirit the world of brass bands is constantly developing this amazing musical virtuosity that characterizes it’s movement.
- Cornet Eb - Solo Bb cornets 1,2,3,4 - Bb Cornets 5,6,7,8,9 - Fluegelhorn Bb - Eb Horn solo - 2 Eb Horns - 2 Bb Baritones - 2 Trombones - Bass Trombone - 2 Euphoniums, 2 Eb Basses - 2 Bb Basses, Timpani, Marimba, Vibraphone, Xylophone (Glockenspiel), Snare and Bass drum, triangle, cymbal-Gong, Quads
- 1. The Sound Barrier (3'20)
2. Hallucinations (3'20)
3. Cosmic Levitation (4'20)
4. Nightmare and Choral (4'30)
- Editions Bim