Digital version with
View, annotate and share with the Newzik app. Print and download capabilities are not available. Requires a Newzik account (free)
Digital sheet music
Digital versions purchased on our website will be available within 24 hours in the Newzik application.
PDF download and print capabilities are not available.
1. If you don't have a Newzik account yet (free), you can download the application here or register via their web interface.
2. Create a Newzik account (without using Apple or Facebook login) with the same address you used to place your order.
3. If you already have a Newzik account and the email address is different from the one used to place your order, please send us with the Newzik address.
4. Orders for digital products are usually available within 24 hours in your Newzik library from Monday to Friday (GMT +2). Orders placed on weekends or holidays will be available the next working day.
5. View this product with the Newzik app for iOS or their Web interface to view, annotate and share the score. Print capabilities from Newzik are not available.
James Stamp (1904-1985)
James Stamp has been a professional musician since the age of 16, starting in the famous Mayo Clinic Band at Rochester, Minnesota. After having played in different Minneapolis theatres, he was chosen to become First Trumpet at the Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra. He kept this position for 17 years and played under the greatest conductors (Eugen Ormandy, Dimitri Mitropoulos). In 1944, he went to...
About Supplemental Studies
The Supplemental Studies
Accompaniments available on SoundCloud
The philosophy of the Supplemental Studies, to which James Stamp agreed many years ago, was to fill in some of the blank pages of his legacy, to wit: to show his advanced scale exercises and some of his pedagogical “roots.” One cannot do this without mentioning Max Schlossberg (1873-1936), whom many consider to be the father of the American school of trumpet playing, and who had a great influence on James Stamp’s work.
James Stamp was a student of professor Schlossberg, and he used, especially during his formative years as a teacher, some of Schlossberg’s original unpublished materials in his work.
This book is a supplement to the original James Stamp Warm-Ups and Studies, and all of James Stamp’s concepts and instructions presented in the original volume should apply to these studies as if they were included in this book.
- mp3 accompaniment in Bb and C
- Editions Bim