Digital version with
View, annotate and share with the Newzik app. Print and download capabilities are not available. Requires a Newzik account (free)
Digital sheet music
Digital versions purchased on our website will be available within 24 hours in the Newzik application.
PDF download and print capabilities are not available.
1. If you don't have a Newzik account yet (free), you can download the application here or register via their web interface.
2. Create a Newzik account (without using Apple or Facebook login) with the same address you used to place your order.
3. If you already have a Newzik account and the email address is different from the one used to place your order, please send us with the Newzik address.
4. Orders for digital products are usually available within 24 hours in your Newzik library from Monday to Friday (GMT +2). Orders placed on weekends or holidays will be available the next working day.
5. View this product with the Newzik app for iOS or their Web interface to view, annotate and share the score. Print capabilities from Newzik are not available.
Charles Reskin (*1946)
Charles Reskin was born in New York City in 1946. Though he started out as a percussionist, he soon became attracted to the trumpet. During his high school years he played both instruments with local professional orchestras and took private classes in ear training and conducting at the University of Miami.He honed his playing and wrote his first compositions at the summer classes of the Brevard...
About 3 Gestures
I wrote this piece at the suggestion of my dear friend, harpist Deborah Fleisher, to whom the work is dedicated.
The first movement, "Seascape", is a free-form fantasy, suggesting, perhaps, a calm day on the sea.
The second movement, "The Temple Ghost", takes place at a deserted Japanese temple at dusk. Suddenly, the apparition of the temple's old master appears, full of mischief, but meaning no real harm. He dances about, appearing and re-appearing, and finally disappears with a flourish.
The third movement, "Duende en el Aire", is simply an evocation of the spirit and passion of the Spanish soul.
We also recommend
- trumpet part in C and Bb
- Editions Bim
- 1. Seascape (3’15)
2. The Temple Ghost (3’15)
3. Duende en el Aire (4')