Digital version with
View, annotate and share with the Newzik app. Print and download capabilities are not available. Requires a Newzik account (free)
Digital sheet music
Digital versions purchased on our website will be available within 24 hours in the Newzik application.
PDF download and print capabilities are not available.
1. If you don't have a Newzik account yet (free), you can download the application here or register via their web interface.
2. Create a Newzik account (without using Apple or Facebook login) with the same address you used to place your order.
3. If you already have a Newzik account and the email address is different from the one used to place your order, please send us with the Newzik address.
4. Orders for digital products are usually available within 24 hours in your Newzik library from Monday to Friday (GMT +2). Orders placed on weekends or holidays will be available the next working day.
5. View this product with the Newzik app for iOS or their Web interface to view, annotate and share the score. Print capabilities from Newzik are not available.
Rex Richardson (*1969)
Renowned as a performer and composer of new, genre-busting music, Yamaha Performing Artist Rex Richardson has been called “One of the finest virtuosos of our time” (Brass Herald) “a standout soloist with the power, range and flexibility to rival Freddie Hubbard and Woody Shaw” (DownBeat), and “among the very best trumpet soloists in the world today” (Journal of the International Trumpet Guild)....
About 3 Etudes
The Three Etudes for Solo Trumpet were inspired by study of Arnold Schönberg’s string quartets.
Karyokinesis refers to the division of the nucleus in single-cell reproduction, the opening five-note gesture serving as the impetus for the first étude.
Farben, or colors in German, is an exploration of the multi-phonics and half-valve techniques on the flugelhorn, using the same initial motif of the first étude. Its title is taken from Schoenberg’s Opus 16, the Five Pieces for Orchestra.
Evo-Devolution describes the development of ever-more-complex gestures from a simple motif, and then the same process in reverse, before a high energy climax closes the work.
- Editions Bim
- I. Karyokinesis (3')
II. Farben (3')
III. Evo-Devolution (4')